Thursday, May 29, 2008

Worldcat

Well, I was able to find a title I wanted and its location (TR of course). The attached terms were interesting - for example the "citation" option. I would have given a body part for that back in high school......or college for that matter. Pre-computer college that was. Eek !

I did find part of the search frustrating. I located a title then lost it and somehow couldn't get back to the original listing again. Much better luck with the second title. Now this is a dumbish observation......but where you play around with the parameters and then tell it to search, I didn't pick up right away on the fact that you don't just hit enter on the keyboard. You have to hit the Go button on top line. ah well.

I could see where this could be a valuable tool for Materials Requests, giving specifics and locations in a concise way.

No comments: